Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your technical career in a large organisation. We are currently looking to recruit a multi-skilled Engineer to provide technical expertise across Richmond International University – With campuses in Richmond and Kensington.
You will operate across the University with regard to planned and reactive maintenance and M&E ensuring high levels of compliance and health & safety.
Applicants will require a multi skilled approach to a wide range of maintenance, including halls of residence, property maintenance and general classroom areas. All work must be undertaken in a safe and effective manner, complying with all relevant safety legislation and procedures and complying with Sodexo Health and Safety Procedures on all works undertaken.
- Multi skilled approach to the maintenance of the University, including electrical, mechanical, general building repairs and coordination/call out of sub-contractors.
- Organise and prioritise own workload, where required, and to work with minimal supervision and also have the ability to work successfully as part of a team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience as an Engineer in a similar role
- Relevant qualifications in Mechanical & Electrical Building Services.
- Ability to Multi-task across mechanical, electrical and building discipline’s at a basic level
- Good organisational skills with the ability to organise others.
- Analyse and provide technical advice and solutions.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non –technical staff.
- Prioritising own workload and working under own initiative with minimal supervision.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.