Moves & Fabric Handyman/Porter
Sodexo Energy & Resources currently has an opportunity for two Moves & Fabric Handyman/Porters to join our team in central London, working at three client sites.
The successful candidates will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks including meeting room setups, office moves, decorating and fabric repairs.
- To carry out general portering, meeting room setups, and decorating duties as requested by the client via the Supervisor, and FM Planon CAFM system.
- To liaise with FM staff and management on the day to day running of the building the reporting of issues relating to operation and appearance.
- Painting and decorating as agreed and directed by management.
- General handyman tasks: Fabric repairs, IE, tiling, decoration, wall repairs, flooring, carpeting, ceiling tiles, plasterboard repairs.
- Fire door repairs: including door closers, perko closers, smoke seals, door handles, door locks (knowledge preferred, additional training can be provided).
- To help setting up rooms for the business day including AV equipment, setting up furniture and so forth as required by customers. Assist with any other duties in proportion with the post for the effective provision of service.
- Furniture movement/install/decom.
- Office moves (both in and out of normal hours).
- Furniture repairs i.e. cabinets, furniture locks, chairs, desks/desk fixings.
- Reporting of breakdowns/faults.
- In addition, this role will be responsible for communicating on the status of work to the client and customer.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
- Assisting your own team and other teams where possible.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a handyperson
- Previous experience in a customer facing environment
- Manual Handling ability
- Able to work in a demanding and busy area
- Flexible/adaptable in approach to work-willing to travel when requested
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Proactive approach to work
- Ability to work on their own with minimal supervision
- Sets and maintains very high standards of delivery – attention to detail essential
- Driven to complete tasks above expectations and within timeframe as per the SLAs
- Diligent, professional and intuitive
- Basic computer knowledge
- Carpentry qualification
- Painting & decorating qualification
- Good communication skills
Competitive hourly rate + benefits.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
About the Company
Sodexo’s Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors.
We have a dedicated team of 1,400 employees working at over 80 sites in the UK & Ireland region - often in isolated locations both on and offshore.
We deliver more than 100 services to clients, including design, construction and administration, light and technical maintenance, security, waste management, food services, sport and cultural activities, wellness and motivational programs and more.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
All onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.