Mobile Engineer (Electrical, Mechanical or HVAC)
We are currently recruiting for a number of Mobile Engineers across several locations, London and South East, North West of England, North East, East of England and Midlands.
- Electrical mechanical, plumbing or HVAC fault finding.
- Successful delivery of engineering maintenance on site.
- The safe testing, operation, and maintenance of all plant and equipment within contract locations. To diagnose, repair and operate plant on site.
- To be responsible for all aspects of Health and Safety compliance with requirements. of Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, Audit actions and any other H&S matters as they arise..
- To comply at all times with the Company's Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Procedures and to ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with industry best practice.
- Maintenance of records in line with company procedures and maintenance of records library including maintenance of Integrated Management System.(Quality, Health and Safety, and Environmental obligations).
- Undertake Authorised Person/ Competent Person role and responsibilities in relation to specific disciplines as appointed.
- Issue permits and closure of permits. Updating permit logs as required.
- Undertaking portable appliance testing. (if qualified)
- Water hygiene statutory maintenance tasks, such as: temperature reading, descaling, sampling and testing and associated tasks to comply with L8 ACoP. (once qualified and appointed)
- Repair/replace defective equipment
- Order such spares and equipment as is necessary to maintain equipment availability whilst remaining within budget unless specifically authorised by client
- Maintain good housekeeping safety and hygiene practices
- Upkeep and compliance with risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Report all accidents, incidents, and injuries immediately
- Report any substandard equipment immediately.
- Build professional relationships with all stakeholders on the contract
The Ideal Candidate
Professional Qualifications required:
- A recognised apprenticeship or HNC in /Electrical Engineering or C&G, ONC, OND, NVQ 4 as above, with a commitment to undergo continuing professional development
- Refrigeration handing certificate (if required)
- BS 2391 inspection and Testing
- Water Quality Management
- IOSH Working Safely or equivalent,(or a willingness to undertake and complete successfully within 3 months from commencement of employment)
- Current Driving Licence and ability to travel
- Skilled in ‘hands on’ maintenance, diagnosis and repair of a range of plant and equipment and capable of anticipating potential faults or problems which may occur within the full range of building services.
- Ability to work effectively without close supervision and possess good organisational skills.
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Knowledge of PPM maintenance systems
- Experienced in the safe use of hand tools
- The ability to communicate clearly at all levels within the organisation.
- IT & systems literate, use of IT systems to provide/monitor data within the Quality Assurance and other management reporting systems
- Flexible – is willing to undertake a range of tasks and duties vital for the effective and successful running of the contract.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.