- To perform and supervise the day to day activities of the Mess, to the benefit of all members and residents
- To promote and manage functions including planning, menus and costing in conjunction with the catering team
- To ensure standards of service detailed in the schedule of requirements (SOR) and quantity tables are achieved, maintained and developed
- To liaise with the PMC/RSM and mess committee to develop relationships and promote Sodexo
Leadership and people
You will role model the company values and ensure they are reinforced at every opportunity. You will provide leadership and clear direction on all aspects of your business area, operational and people, ensuring your own team, deliver on business objectives. You will support in the delivery of the people plan and on the back of this, developing future capability of your front line teams. You will lead by example and champion effective communication. You are responsible for the recruitment, induction and development of your employees and will manage the performance of your team in line with Sodexo HR policy and procedures.
Risk, governance and compliance
You are accountable for full compliance and understanding of all company risk, reporting and governance processes. You will ensure that these are fully applied, complied with and adhered to within own business. You are accountable for cash and stock within your business area and as such are responsible for self and business area adherence to all cash and stock company procedural compliance. You are guardian to Sodexo cash and stock and are therefore responsible for any discrepancies incurred intentional or otherwise.
You are responsible and accountable for the financial delivery and performance of your business area in line with annual budgets. You are responsible for ensuring all financial targets are achieved within the framework of absolute financial control. You are responsible for contributing to the monthly financial review process against KPI’s and ensure follow up on all improvement plans to support delivery of budget at local level.
Relationship management client and team
You are responsible for managing local client and customer relationships and developing and maintaining strong business relationships. You must seek to understand the client’s business environment and drivers, developing and maintaining strong relationships and establishing a network of client contacts. You will manage clients proactively and professionally, in line with Clients for Life®, ensuring Sodexo delivers service in line with the client’s business objectives. You will understand the importance the client places on partnering principles and endeavour to establish a dynamic and positive culture for co-operative business relationships and improvements to service.
You are responsible for overseeing the operations of your business area and managing its compliance with legal, regulatory and company requirements including the quality management system (QMS). You will effectively manage continuous improvements, taking corrective action where necessary and informing line manager of performance issues. You will ensure robust health and safety procedures are implemented, reviewed and reported on a regular basis.
You are responsible for driving all aspects of service excellence across your business area including brand integrity, quality, compliance, Sodexo’s corporate social responsibility and service standards. You must ensure that you and your team work to recognised and expected standards ensuring the offer is meeting the customer’s needs through full and correct use of company tools. In partnership with subject matters experts you will champion and embed service excellence initiatives across your business area and ensure that all services are aligned to the defence client and customer needs and deliverable within budget.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Proven experience in hospitality sector, including stock management, cash control and customer service
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- IOSH and CIEH qualifications or equivalent
- Proven experience of managing client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Experience of working in a military environment
Competitive salary plus benefits including pension, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare & 5% bonus package.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.