Mess Manager (hospitality and hotel services)
As Mess Manager, you'll perform and supervise the day to day activities in our large and prestigious Mess.
You will promote and manage functions including planning, menus and costing in conjunction with the catering team - ensuring standards of service are achieved, maintained and developed, and that your team are engaged, motivated and getting the most from their roles.
Our functions range from Family Fun Days and BBQ's, to fine dining/high end Dinners.
This is predominantly a Monday to Friday job, with occasional weekend/evenings to meet business needs. It’s a great opportunity for someone to support our Armed Forces and improve the quality of their daily life – as the site is not only their workplace but also a home to many of them.
We are a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, running services at major UK and overseas military bases which improve quality of life for our military personnel. The impact of change and uncertainty as consolidation occurs throughout the armed forces, set against a backdrop of today’s rapidly changing world, makes the preservation of high standards even more important than ever. We are dedicated to delivering the best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of infrastructure, facilities management, catering, retail and leisure services to the armed forces community.
- Perform and supervise the day to day activities of the Mess, to the benefit of all members and residents
- Promote and manage functions including planning, menus and costing in conjunction with the catering team
- Ensure standards of service detailed in the contract are achieved, maintained and developed
- Liaise with the key stakeholders (PMC/RSM) and mess committee to develop relationships and promote Sodexo
- Plan, organise and manage delivery of all services within the Mess operational business area
- Contribute to the growth of all services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control within operational business area in line with client and Sodexo expectations
- Embrace the principles of Collaborative Business Relationships (BS11000), in line with Sodexo’s vision and values
- Manage all aspects of performance of an assigned group of direct reports
The Ideal Candidate
Salary up to £21,450 DOE + benefits including bonus, pension, flexible benefits scheme etc
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.