We currently have an opportunity for a Mess Accountant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Paying and receiving of monies on behalf of the mess, and ensuring cash is correctly and accurately accounted for and balanced
- Ensuring bank account is reconciled against regular bank statements.
- Producing monthly balance sheets, data required for the annual audit and forecasts of income/expenditure
- Reporting monthly and as required to the Mess president and Mess Committee on income/expenditure.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate issue of Mess Bills.
- Obtaining prompt settlement of monies owing to the fund, reporting any aged debtors
- Ensuring regular payment of liabilities to external creditors.
- To hold all contacts and guarantees for the Officers Mess Property and maintain the mess property register.
- Ensuring paperwork is in place for central bank to authorise BACS payments for mess members bills.
- Stock takes with Mess Manager/bar staff every week, to reconcile monies against stock levels.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role must have excellent customer service skills. Experience in book keeping/accounts is desirable, but not essential as full training on the Military Service Funds Accountant system will be given.
About the Company
Sodexo andour clients are committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.