We currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Technician to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- The maintenance, repair and improvement of building fabric, services and systems.
- Productive and efficient use of time to undertake planned and re-active maintenance.
- Provide accurate records of time taken for tasks, materials required/used and any other information required to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Proactively investigate material source/purchase and alternate solutions to ensure all works can be cost effectively completed.
- Inform line manager of any impending situation, including predicted materials shortage, access or leave that could impact service delivery.
- Take ownership for diagnose of faults and repair plant/equipment where applicable or via outsource supplier.
- At all times keep the Business Unit and Service Manager informed of maintenance progress or problems.
- To carry out all work you are deemed competent to perform (be it electrical, mechanical, fabric, waste or porterage/moves) in a timely, obliging and supportive manner.
- To ensure the highest level of client - customer relationships are maintained.
- Complete tasks as required, to appropriate standards and at all times follow Industry best practice.
- At all times comply with Health, Safety, Environmental and trade/industry regulations in accordance with statutory and contractual requirements.
- To ensure all areas in which work is undertaken are kept in a clean and tidy condition to ensure minimum disruption.
- Where competent, basic electrical fault identification, (including, but not limited to) light fittings (includes emergency lights), lamp replacement, safe installation and inspection of electrical equipment, low voltage electrical distribution systems.
- Coordination of the water hygiene statutory maintenance tasks, such as: temperature reading, descaling, sampling and testing and associated tasks to comply with L8 ACoP.
- Operation of fault diagnosis for the Building Management System (BMS).
- Maintain tools, equipment, PPE to a safe and good working order of condition.
- Maintain stocks of critical spares and other stock pertaining to responsibilities.
- The accurate completion of all task sheets or appropriate soft copy/electronic equivalent with relevant information.
- To be a focal point for proactive service delivery to all aspects of the building and plant maintenance.
- To build professional relationships with all stakeholders (client and own team).
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management in order to meet the operational requirements of the business.
- Carry out daily building inspections of site HVAC & maintenance systems, responding to faults & reporting non compliance to line manager.
- To be fully conversant of the role of GSM in order to provide support in the absence of the GSM.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential / Preferred:
- IEE 17th edition BS7671 regulations qualification/training
- Previous engineering training together with adequate experience and desire to achieve 17th Edition within six months of taking up the position
- Together with quantifiable training and/or experience/qualifications in either:
HVAC (air-conditioning, which may include split unit maintenance & desire to achieve F Gas Training within six months of taking up the position)
Building fabric maintenance
Be willing to:
- Under take all necessary training to develop multi skills as required
- Assist any other trade as and when required
- Provide additional support over and above any hours already worked within a working day to assist colleagues and ensure any threat to site security/operation is minimised (e.g. a flood occurs at the end of shift, but the team remain on site to clear etc.)
- Use own initiative to carry out work safely and effectively under own initiative without constant close supervision
- Work within Safe Systems of Work
- Be part of a helpful, pro-active building and facilities team that will responsibly communicate with members of the client and own team
- Have a positive, up-beat communicative attitude
- Have good attention to detail
- Carry out all reasonable tasks as directed by management in order to meet the operational requirements of the business
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.