Mechanical Supervisor - Unilever
Sodexo is the leading global provider of food and facilities management services in over 80 countries worldwide. We specialise in making people’s lives easier and aim to deliver the best service that exceeds our clients expectations.
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Supervisor in our engineering department to work within Unilever Port Sunlight Research and Development.
This position requires a mechanically trained individual who is proactive and customer focused with a methodical and organised approach, good IT skills in terms of Microsoft office, ability to understand finance information and be able to communicate with a variety of engineering teams and clients
- Ensure the mechanical engineering team comply with all Health and Safety and Operational policies, systems and procedures in place for:
- Permit To Work System
- Standard Operating Practices (AMF)
- Risk assessments
- Safe systems of work
- Control of contractors
- Site induction programme
- Tool box talks
- Writing Permits and ensuring works are being carried out in accordance with documentation
- Ensuring mechanical engineers comply with all relevant technical statutory and non-statutory legislation/guidance and site is audit ready for external and internal inspections at all times
- Managing subcontractors including access arrangements, safety documentation and quality of works
- Quality checking of engineering and subcontractor works
- All reactive works raised through the Insurance Inspection schedule for all pressure systems are addressed and recorded
- Report deficiencies (non-conformances) in accordance with site procedures to engineering manager and/or helpdesk
- Ensure asset management framework (AMF) process is consistent across engineering team and continually review and update the processes and system through engineering feedback
- Manage PPM and reactive feedback ensuring audit trail aligned to the maintenance management system
- Complete routine audits at required frequency, including Stop Shift Audits and Behavioural Observations
- Ensure that all key site documentation is kept up to date and that the team adopts a systematic and consistent approach for all change activities.
- Attend operational and team briefings, client, sub-contractor meetings and any meeting as required in order to complete the designated role and its associated functions.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and communicate at every opportunity.
- Ensure that all written communication represents a professional image to customers and staff
- Provide Client and Sodexo with such information and reports as may be reasonably required for the overall monitoring, planning and control of the contract or for other management purposes.
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Supervisor in our Engineering Department to work within Unilever Port Sunlight Research and Development. Hours are 40 per week Monday to Friday and salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
To apply: Please send your current CV to Dave Ewing, Engineering Manager, Sodexo Ltd, c/o Unilever R & D, Quarry Road East, Port Sunlight, Wirral, CH63 3JW or alternatively e mail to David.x.Ewing@unilever.com.
All applications to be received by Friday 15th June 2018.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.