We currently have an opportunity for a Maintenance Operative to join our Team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
The main job purpose is to maintain safe operation testing and maintenace of all plant and equipment within the estate. To assist in the diagnosis, repair and operation of plant. Adherence to applicable Statutory Legislation, Client Specific Policies and Sodexo Policies and Procedures.
Other responsibilities include:
- To have day-to-day responsibility for responding to Planned and Reactive Work Orders and for correctly following business procedures in relation to all planned and reactive works. Reporting directly to the Building Services Manager.
- To follow and embrace the Sodexo Health and Safety culture and follow all processes and procedures. Will have full working knowledge of the safe working practices in the use of tools and equipment used as part of job role.
- To take a proactive attitude in identification and resolution of defects.
- To undertake maintenance/repair work as required.
- To undertake all necessary repairs and PPM tasks of a statutory and non-statutory nature including small projects, redecoration of the building and fabric works.
- May be required to use access equipment for working at heights (training will be provided as required)
- May be required to work alone and to follow lone working procedures.
- Undertake all additional duties and responsibilities as instructed by your Line Manager.
- Required to participate in an on call duty roster.
- Required to carry out basic skills port modules and other ongoing training in agreement with your Line Manager.
- Be responsible for your own Health and Safety and that of your colleagues, Follow Sodexo policy and Procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to establish necessary parts/plant/materials necessary for completion of tasks.
- Flexible attitude to work individually and working as part of a team.
- Able to represent Sodexo both internally and with clients.
- Take part in out of hours duty roster/on call
- Pass, Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check
- Working experience within a residential/hospitality environment.
- Experience in plumbing and general maintenance.
Due to the number of applicants that we usually receive it is not possible to contact everybody individually. Therefore if you have not received an invite to interview within 10 days of the closing date of this advertisement you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.