Maintenance Operative (Mobile Electrical Engineer)
As multi-disciplined mobile Maintenance Operative, you'll be responsible for electrical and mechanical fault finding and the successful delivery of engineering maintenance on site.
Service Operations is the part of our business that supports segment development by providing expertise and process standardisation across all segments. Service Operations leverages our global expertise and best practice to bring the best of Sodexo to all of our clients. It includes everything from FM expertise to food development through to bid support, health and safety, and contract design and management.
- Electrical and mechanical fault finding.
- Successful delivery of engineering maintenance on site.
- The safe testing, operation, and maintenance of all plant and equipment within contract locations. To diagnose, repair and operate plant on site.
- Responsible for all aspects of Health and Safety compliance with requirements. of Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, Audit actions and any other H&S matters as they arise..
- Comply at all times with the Company's Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Procedures and to ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with industry best practice.
- Maintenance of records in line with company procedures and maintenance of records library including maintenance of Integrated Management System.(Quality, Health and Safety, and Environmental obligations).
- Ensure that all areas in which work is undertaken are kept in a clean and tidy condition, to ensure minimum disruption to the building occupants, and a safe working environment.
- Undertake Authorised Person/ Competent Person role and responsibilities in relation to specific disciplines as appointed.
- Issue permits and closure of permits. Updating permit logs.
- Undertake portable appliance testing. (if qualified)
- Water hygiene statutory maintenance tasks, such as: temperature reading, descaling, sampling and testing and associated tasks to comply with L8 ACoP. (once qualified and appointed)
- Accurate completion and population of all job sheets with relevant information.
- Building professional relationships with all stakeholders on the contract.
- Attend courses and toolbox talks where required.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as directed or requested by Sodexo management in order to meet the operational requirements of the business.
- Provide instruction and to coach/mentor and guide other craftsmen and apprentices on maintenance and technical aspects of plant and equipment.
- Liaise and co-operate with the visits of specialist sub-contractors and other visiting disciplines to ensure the continuing efficient operation of the plant without disruption to the occupants and to ensure sufficient adherence of health and safety.
The Ideal Candidate
Professional Qualifications required:
- A recognised apprenticeship or HNC in /Electrical Engineering or C&G, ONC, OND, NVQ 4 as above, with a commitment to undergo continuing professional development.
- BS 2391 inspection and Testing
- IOSH Working Safely or equivalent,(or a willingness to undertake and complete successfully within 3 months from commencement of employment)
- Current Driving Licence.
Knowledge and experience:
- Skilled in ‘hands on’ maintenance, diagnosis and repair of a range of plant and equipment and capable of anticipating potential faults or problems which may occur within the full range of building services.
- Able to work effectively without close supervision and possess good organisational skills.
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation
- Knowledge of PPM maintenance systems
- Experienced in the safe use of hand tools
- The ability to communicate clearly at all levels within the organisation.
- IT & systems literate, use of IT systems to provide/monitor data within the Quality Assurance and other management reporting systems
- Flexible – is willing to undertake a range of tasks and duties vital for the effective and successful running of the contract.
- Good at planning and organisation
- Excellent communication skills and an active listener
- Works well with others
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave.
We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.