We currently have an opportunity for a Maintenance Handyman to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To identify & carry out all general routine maintenance requirements on site
- To ensure planned preventative maintenance is undertaken and completed as per work schedule requests
- To be aware of the company’s quality management system and in particular, to follow any quality assurance work instructions that is applicable to this job
- To carry out other duties dictated by the requirements of the business
- To ensure the workshops area is kept clean and tidy
- To attend to any reasonable management request
The Ideal Candidate
• Experience within a similar role.
• Ability to proactively work as part of a team.
• Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility for the completion of tasks.
• Ability to prioritise work tasks based on customer needs
• Adaptable and flexible in approach to work when required
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Ability to perform tasks that require physical fitness.
• Resides geographically for contract support
• Results/tasks orientated
• Experience within the following systems
• Plumbing skills
• Understanding of Lamp changing process and hazards.
We require a person with a handyman background and a "can do" attitude towards work. This is very much a "hands on" role.
Working on a rota basis - shift pattern 7.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. - 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. - 11.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.
Working closely with management/client to ensure the company delivers a smooth and speedy service.
Maintain H & S standards and use correct PPE.
Some weekend work is required at busy times of the year.
Driving Licence essential.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.