Sodexo Energy and Resources has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance & Electrical Technician to join our Chevron Team in Central London.
The M&E Technician will provide hands on supervision to all Sodexo employees and sub-contractors within the Chevron facility ensuring that all services meet the agreed specifications.
- Carry out planned maintenance routines on M&E equipment in accordance with company routines ensuring cost effective supply and control of spares
- Order spares and equipment as is necessary to maintain equipment availability whilst remaining within budget unless specifically authorised by client
- Record and maintain a register of portable appliance test equipment
- Report any substandard equipment immediately.
- Complete all necessary tracking of jobs and tasks via the assigned software packages
- Upkeep and compliance with risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Repair/replace defective normal internal lighting
- Supervision and delegation of tasks to on site team
- Report any incident of fire, loss, damage and other irregularities or contract deviations and take such corrective action as may be delegated
- Oversee visiting sub-contractors within areas of own responsibility
The Ideal Candidate
- Time served Electrician with relevant electrical qualifications and previous experience in Building Services
- A basic standard of education required with relevant craft/trade training essential. City and Guilds 2381 and 2391 standards (or equivalent)
- IEE Wiring regulations 17th Edition
- Proven experience supervising skilled trades in a Building services environment
- Ability to communicate efficiently with work colleagues, customers and the client.
- Working knowledge of the Environmental Policy.
- Portable Appliance Testing
- Ability to adapt and meet frequently changing work environment internally and externally
- Strategic thinker/planner, analytical problem solver and innovator
- PC literate
£17.22 per hour with overtime rates of time and a half for Mon-Fri and Sat am, then double time for Sat pm and Sun.
Benefits including pension, reward schemes and training/development opportunities.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business