HMP Bronzefield are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Coordinator.
As a Maintenance Coordinator, you will supervise a multi skilled in-house maintenance team and specialist contractors to safely complete PPM and reactive M&E and FF&E maintenance works, ensuring statutory and contractual compliance targets are met and that the Prison is safe and functional.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
- Ensure safe working practices are implemented and take corrective actions where required.
- Report unsafe practices or conditions.
- Take an active interest in staff welfare, engagement and development.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in the rehabilitative aims of the Prison.
- Assign PPM and reactive work orders to members of the team and monitor progress.
- Conduct a quality check of 10% of works undertaken by the team each month, implementing corrective actions as necessary and recognising successes.
- Carry out repairs and preventative maintenance to electrical systems and mechanical assets where suitably trained within the establishment.
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate records of all preventative maintenance and repair work carried out by the team and report in detail any substandard or defective equipment.
- Provide accurate reports and contribute to reports within required time frames using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Manage email and telephone communications.
- Monitor BMS controls.
The Ideal Candidate
- Hold the City and Guilds 2382-15 Level 3 17th Edition qualification
- Experience working in a dedicated Facilities Management Multi-skilled Maintenance Team
- Demonstrable team leader / supervisory experience
- Possess IT literacy in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook. Ability to grasp and use BMS, CAFM and other in-house software packages following appropriate internal training.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of fault finding, installation and repairs
- Previous experience of testing, inspection and PAT testing
- Proven experience of working with a Health and Safety culture
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrable experience of working with schedules and deadlines
- Knowledge of commercial electrical repairs on HVAC, AHU, controls and BMS systems an advantage
- Experience working in a 24/365 operational environment an advantage (eg. hospitals, universities, prisons, etc.).
£32,152.10 per annum + £287.75 London weighting recurring every month.
Excellent benefits including season ticket loans, free meals, free parking, subsidised gym membership, group discount schemes, pension and 28 days holiday.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying ;for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.