MULTI SKILLED ENGINEER
We are currently looking for an experienced Multi Skilled Engineer.
- A sole engineer delivering electrical and mechanical planned and reactive maintenance.
- Operate within the Site Permit and SSOW procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out planned maintenance tasks without supervision
- Carry out reactive maintenance tasks without supervision.
- Implement minor or small electrical installation works without supervision.
- Carry out Portable Appliance Testing of client equipment.
- Complete Emergency Lighting Testing.
- Ensure all tasks are risk assessed through site specific or dynamic assessments.
- Diagnose faults effectively and make good whenever possible.
- Liaise with Landlord’s Engineering Team re: BMS system.
- Sourcing parts and materials from suppliers and arranging procurement through technical administration.
- Must be 17th Edition qualified.
- Retain excellent housekeeping and working practices.
- Ensure areas and plant rooms under Sodexo control are kept clean, tidy and any issues reported.
- Complete and submit PPM and Reactive task paperwork accurately and timeously.
- Escort and oversee subcontractors as necessary.
- Work outside normal hours as required.
- Undertake Health and Safety, Technical, Toolbox Talk and other training as required.
- Have a proactive approach to task completion and team effort.
- Be polite and courteous to colleagues.
- Communicate with both colleagues and client any delays to works.
- Portray at all times a professional image to our client.
The Ideal Candidate
- The person we are seeking should have excellent organisation and planning skills together with the ability to work to deadlines and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who has excellent customer service skills and a good level of computer literacy.
- The ideal candidate will be flexible and proactive.
- Experience in a similar role within an Engineering environment is essential.
The role is a 40 hour per week contract (Monday to Friday) with occasional out of hours overtime
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.