MULTI SKILLED ENGINEER
We are currently looking for two experienced Multi Skilled Engineers to support the clients' cutting edge warehouse facility which is currently under construction. These are new roles created to aid the delivery of project commissioningand qualification, and then to take on responsibility of maintenance delivery on project completion. Thesuccessful applicants will be working closely with theproject teamto ensure a smooth transition into operation and willdeliver the ongoingintegrated maintenance of the pharamceutical warehouse, controlled environments, associated automated equipment and services.
Previous experience of Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC maintenance and compliance is preferable with the ability to undertake fault finding on complex systems.
The successful candidate should ideally have an understanding of the services involved, be well presented, have good communication skills, good computer skills, flexibility and the ability to use initiative when necessary. Ideally you will have experience in a similar role and be able to build a good relationship with clients and other service providers on site.
The role will involve an element of working at height in a reduced oxygen environment meaning that the successful candidate will be subject toan initial health assessment and periodicsurveillance. The rate of pay is negotiable depending upon experience. You will be required to attend a full competency based interview for this position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance tasksunder ownsupervision in accordance with site SSoW processes.
- Support the delivery of asset management in accordance with our Asset Management Framework to drive continuous improvement.
- Manageminor projects and initiatives within area of responsibility.
- Ensure all tasks are risk assessed through site specific or dynamic assessments.
- Diagnose faults effectively to minimise disruption to the clientand to reduce repeat failures.
- Sourcing and managing the inventory of parts and materials required to deliver our services.
- Retain excellent housekeeping and working practices.
- Ensure areas and plant rooms under Sodexo control are kept clean, tidy and any issues reported.
- Complete and submit PPM and Reactive task paperwork accurately and timeously.
- Escort and oversee subcontractors as necessary.
- Work outside normal hours as required.
- Undertake Health and Safety, Technical, Toolbox Talk and other training as required by the job role.
- Have a proactive approach to task completion and team effort.
- Portray at all times a professional image to our client.
The Ideal Candidate
- The person we are seekingwill have excellent organisation and planning skills together with the ability to work to deadlines and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who has excellent customer service skills and a good level of computer literacy.
- The ideal candidate will be flexible and proactive.
- Experience in a similar role within an Engineering environment is desirable.
The role is a 40 hour per week contract (Monday to Friday) working on two shifts (6am - 2:30pm, 1:30pm - 10pm) to support the clients business, with out of hours overtime where required.
About the Company
Sodexo andour clients are committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.