Lounge Host (Airport)
We currently have an opportunity for a Lounge Host to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Lounge Host you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining counters and serving customers
- Ensuring that areas of work and tables are kept to a high standard of cleanliness throughout the day
- Completing production, wastage, temperature and cleaning records. Report discrepancies to the Head Chef
- Maintaining stocks and supplies, working with Chefs and back of house staff to provide an efficient service
- Maintaining portion control
- Assisting the bar attendant as required
- Complying with all company and legal procedures relating to food safety, hygiene, health and safety and personal requirements
- Carrying out training and reasonable requests as required by your line manager
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Excellent customer service
- Previous experience working in a hospitality role
- The ability to prioritise and have an eye for detail
- Knowledge of food safety and COSHH (advantageous)
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- The ability to demonstrate great team work
- The ability to follow instructions
A full time vacancy has arisen for a Hospitality Assistant to join our team in the Emirates Lounge at Gatwick airport. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression
Employment will be subject to the candidate obtaining an airside ID pass, therefore a full five year working history must be provided in order to obtain the necessary references. In addition, the successful completion of an online security training course and a basic criminal record check will be required.
The working hours for this position are 39.25 per week on a 4 days on 2 days off shift pattern in a split shifts (2 Early shifts 05:15 - 14:00 and 2 late shifts 13:30 - 22:30), included weekends and Bank Holidays
The successful candidate will support the Management Team in the operational management of the cleaning and catering contract, to maximizing the performance and ensuring the service is operated safely, hygienically and to contractual specifications and to provide reliable and high quality housekeeping and janitorial service to our first class and business lounge.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.