Logistics & Portering Manager
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Logistics Manager to oversee a high quality, timely, responsive, cost-effective and pro-active portering and post-room service, to meet the needs of the wards and departments within the prestigious St Maryâs Hospital, London.
Youâll ensure that patients, materials and equipment are safely and appropriately transferred around the hospital to the standard required whilst delivering an effective and efficient service that meets contractual obligations, KPIâs and agreed Trust and company policies and procedures.
If you can bring innovation and flare to the team and you have strong leadership qualities, whilst having the ability to act as an effective team player â this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Co-ordinate and monitor all the portering departments activities to ensure the required standard of service are achieved and maintained
- Deploy a team of frontline employees, assessing workload schedules and allocating resource as required whilst prioritising urgent request and remaining within labour budgets
- Control and issue all portering equipment and materials within budget limits
- Recommend changes to the portering policy and service delivery, implementing changes as appropriate in consultation with the General Manager
- Ensure safe practice to minimise the risks of infection to patients and staff in accordance with national and Trust policy
- Undertake the completion of an appropriate quality audit system on a quarterly basis and to compile an action plan
- Build and maintain effective relationships with staff, clients and other departmental supervisors
- Bring innovation to grow services in order to meet clientsâ and Sodexoâs commercial expectations
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction are monitored, measured and managed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of managing a Logistics/ Portering services with a diverse workforce
- Proven experience of managing employees, addressing performance issues effectively and maximising engagement
- Strong business management experience
- Proven experience of successfully managing client relationships
- Decisive and accountable manner, with sound and proven operational and commercial judgement
- Ability to analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions/approaches
- Strong ability to increase individual effectiveness through influencing leadership, motivation, coaching and training.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week â flexibility is a must
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.