Light Maintenance Technician
We currently have an opportunity for a Light Maintenance Technician to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
The Ideal Candidate
- The Job;
- To carry out minor works such as lamping and basic fabric maintenance
- Setting up meeting rooms . construct furniture . remove waste within premises
- General portering duties
- General outside caretaking duties e.g. litter picking / sweeping / weeding
- Assist with other tasks as required
- Liaise with fellow engineers, management and The Client
- Use of Global Maximo to log maintenance tasks
- The person:
- Must have experience carrying out fabric maintenance within commercial properties
- Suitable qualifications - painting & decorating / plumbing / carpentry or relevant experience
- Must be focused on Health & Safety and assist with promoting a safety culture of zero accident mindset and IOSH Working or Managing Safely / CSCS card would be benefiicial
- Must have a can do attitude and be a self starter
- Must be customer facing with good written and verbal communication skills
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.