We currently have an opportunity for a Lifeguard to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Lifeguard, as well as daily supervision of the pool and various pool activities, you will alsobe responsible for:
- The management and control of all COSHH and cleaning stock.
- The daily cleaning regimes within the Gymnasium in compliance with the contract requirements.
- Attendance at the regular monthly staff training in all matters of life guarding techniques and first aid, maintain in date lifeguard qualification (NPLQ)
- Management of Swimming Pool & Sports Hall Equipment, to include storage, issue & receipt, and the maintaining of records.
- Preparation of Sports Hall areas for programmed sessions, including setting up of equipment.
- Manning of Reception as and when required, and control of access to the facility.
- Care of Fitness Suite Equipment, including regular checks, maintenance, the keeping of records, and performing customer familiarisations as required.
- Compliance with all shift patterns, work timings and regimes and Company employee policies.
- Thorough understanding of Gymnasium SOPs, Pool NOPs and EAPs.
The Ideal Candidate
- The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the leisure industry
- Excellent customer service skills
- A flexible working attitude along with the ability to plan and prioritise workload
- A National Pool Lifeguarding qualification is essential
ADBS check and proof of right to work in the UK will be required for this position.
Competitive hourly rateplus benefits including; a pension scheme, very popular group discount schemes and the option toearn extra holiday via an incentive scheme.We are looking for someone with a current National Pool Lifeguard qualification (NPLQ). The lifeguard qualification is essential,and some experience working in a leisure facility would be useful.Wehave onefull time lifeguard post available, and will interview all qualified applicants.
About the Company
DMRC (Defence Medical Rehabilitation Unit) HEADLEY COURT isa rehabilitation centre for injured members of the British Armed Forces. Headley Court gained Hospital status in 2013.
We are a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, running services at major UK and overseas military bases which improve quality of life for our military personnel. The impact of change and uncertainty as consolidation occurs throughout the armed forces, set against a backdrop of todays rapidly changing world, makes the preservation of high standards even more important than ever. We are dedicated to delivering the best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of infrastructure, facilities management, catering, retail and leisure services to the armed forces community
Were proud that our work has a significant bearing on morale, retention and recruitment.