We currently have an opportunity for a Laboratory Technicianto join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To perform routine calibration/verification checks on a range of laboratory equipment such as pH meters and balances.
- Set up and operation of a wide range of standard & analytical lab equipment.
- Prepare aliquot and label a large variety of buffers and reagents.
- Preparation of QC standards.
- Prepare materials and equipment for use.
- Undertake in lab tasks for scientific staff to agreed protocols, e.g., radioactive and environment monitoring, gel plates collection, preparation and distribution of analytical or biological samples
- Maintaining lab stocks such as consumables and solvents.
- Operate to approved quality standards (e.g., GLP/GMP).
- Maintain QA systems by keeping accurate records of work undertaken, methods used and results achieved.
- To ensure safe operation of any equipment used (e.g., balances, pH meters, fume cupboards).
- Ensure compliance with all relevant working instructions, SOPs and safety instructions.
- To be responsible for maintaining a tidy and efficient laboratory environment and for ensuring health, safety and compliance standards are met and maintained.
- To liaise with customer groups to discuss their requirements, agree protocols for new tasks, escalation to Line Manager as required.
- Planning of own daily tasks.
- To ensure timely and accurate reporting of data including performance metrics.
- To perform any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Science background with qualifications to at least A level standard or equivalent (grade C or higher) in a relevant scientific subject. Qualified to GCSE (grades A-C) or equivalent in Maths and English.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment would be an advantage.
- Good Understanding of COSHH and GXP.
- Good customer focus.
- Be self-motivated and able to motivate others.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Experience in working to technical procedures (SOPs, Work Instructions) and safety related documents (Risk Assessments).
- Computer literate.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
This position will be working with our Analytical Group, which is part of our Technical Lab Services Team on site.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.