Laboratory Services Assistant
We currently have an opportunity for a Laboratory Services Assistant to join our team This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
As a Laboratory Services Assistant you will be responsible for:
- Delivery of consumable materials to the users and to collect, transport and manage waste products
- Delivery and collection of scientific glassware from labs
- Washing, preparing and sterilising glassware for re-use by labs and other lab cleaning services
- The sterilisation by autoclaving of processed equipment and waste
- Monitoring of Liquid Nitrogen and piped gas supplies at source
- Collection of waste solvent and its removal to bulk solvent store
- Monitor usage of critical cylinder gases and change gas cylinders as necessary
- Undertake transport duties, which include the safe use of forklift trucks and company vehicles
- Collect, pack and record dirty laundry for offsite cleaning. Check and deliver clean laundry to labs and central areas to the users
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, C.O.S.H.H. Regulations and to comply with all safety legislation and company rules and procedures
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Demonstrate able strong team working skills
- A clean drivers license is required and experience and ability in new line manual handling
- Awareness of Health and Safety and Hygiene regulations, experience in operating a fork lift, and working in a hazardous environment with gas/chemicals (advantageous )
- Possess good customer service skills
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- The ability to demonstrate great team work
- The ability to follow instructions
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.