Laboratory Instrument Support Engineer
We are recruiting an LIS/HPLC Engineer to support site operations at one of our global Pharmaceutical contracts based in Worthing Sussex.
The Laboratory Instrument Support Engineer will be accountable for supporting the co-ordination of site operations for all laboratory equipment under contract. This will include data management, Instrument supplier liaison and logistics, along with the core function of on-site engineering support.
- To support new client opportunities and help set up and stabilise new accounts
- Provide Technical support within the remit of LIS, as required by Sodexo to help develop and grow Pharmaceutical LIS business
- Keep abreast of new technologies employed within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Manage and control the services to the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets
- Nurturing client relationships in order to stabilize them and develop them for long term partnerships and growth
- Identify opportunities for organic growth and new business
- On-site engineering support for self-delivery in HPLC and GC in accordance with GSK current processes and validation requirements
- Mentoring of Instrument Support Specialist (trainee)
- Liaise with facility users on general instrument issues
- Co-ordination with site operators, groups & users
- Ensure standards for Instrument decommission & commissioning
- Support and management of the trainee in scheduling equipment calibration/service, meet, greet and inductions.
- Liaise with contracts team to ensure agreements are in place and services delivered on time
- Responsible for Laboratory services document management
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in maintaining alternative HPLC & GC manufacturer's ie Waters, PE or other laboratory equipment ie FTIR, UV
- Degree in Science/Engineering discipline
- Self-directed and motivated individual who is able to be decisive and maintain focus.
- Ability to represent Sodexo LIS at Client meetings
- Excellent relationship management abilities at all levels
- Experience working in a standards/compliance, GxP environment
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience
- An appropriate level of engineering experience in maintaining Agilent HPLC & GC systems.
- Perform against the service level agreement.
- Manage escalation of issues to achieve a suitable conclusion
- Understanding of Quality Management System (QMS)
- Understanding of chemicals and hazards
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process