Sodexo is the 19th largest employer worldwide, operating in 80 countries and employing 427,000 employees worldwide, we are the leader in Quality of Life services. Sodexo is not only a growth company; it is also a people-oriented company that places quality of life of its 100 million consumers at the centre of its mission. Join our teams and experience their passion and the unique Sodexo spirit!
Weare currently recruiting for a Laboratory Steward at a leading Pharmaceutical site in Montrose. This is an exciting permanent opportunity with an attractive remuneration package for the successful candidate, along with flexible benefits including access to discounts across various retailers.
The Laboratory Steward is a full time, site based role, supporting the site laboratories offering an invaluable service supporting the analysts.
- Daily replenishment of laboratory chemicals, solvents and consumables to the predefined cells within the laboratory and requested site areas.
- Stock check of consumables store, ordering, labelling of incoming goods and restocking of shelves including stock rotation.
- Daily collection and disposal of:
- Contaminated and non-contaminated sharps and glass waste.
- Hazardous and non-hazardous solvent waste from laboratory fume cupboards
- Hazardous and non-hazardous samples post analysis
- Daily cleaning of laboratory glassware and restocking of cupboards with cleaned glassware
- NMR liquid Nitrogen refill and egg fill for laboratories
The Ideal Candidate
- Science qualification at Higher level or above (preferably in Chemistry)
- Enthusiastic and motivated.
- Good organisational skills
- Effective communication, customer focussed and team player
- Good knowledge of excel and IT literate.
- Experience in the use of SAP/CERPs/MERPs
- Experience of working in a GxP environment.
- Physically capable due to lifting and mobility nature of the role
About the Company
At Sodexo, we believe that by developing our people we can make a real difference to their individual success and the success of the business, therefore you will work in a collaborative manner with the sales and account management colleagues as well as service operations teams. It will be your responsibility to drive innovation through your team, bring fresh ideas and drive services that improve quality of life for our Clients and Consumers.
If you would like more information to understand what it is like to work for Sodexo and a career in Corporate Services, please follow the link below;
Careers within Corporate Clients