HMP Forest Bank are currently recruiting for a L&D Administrator to support the L&D Team promote and develop a learning culture within the establishment.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Be the first point of contact for all L&D queries
- Coordinate learning and development solutions; logistics and co-ordination of any learning including statutory and mandatory training, mentoring, NVQs and flexible learning options, inductions
- Check contract compliance in relation to eligibility of companies, learners etc for individual programmes/ contracts
- Quality extract data input to relevant Management systems which includes Trackers, Training course calendars etc.
- Liaise with quality teams to ensure records/trackers are kept up to-date for tutor allocation, timely achievements, recording of results, copies of certification.
- Check supporting evidence is scanned/ uploaded or filed in the relevant filing systems or on line.
- Complete all relevant enrollment of apprentices
- Ensure accurate records of all Learning and Development undertaken by all staff at the establishment are maintained the prison and the PeopleCentre using SAP,
- Develop relationship and efficient process with all L&D suppliers
- Provide monthly management information as required
- Manage the Learning Suite, including monitoring of any Health & Safety Issues, equipment, tools and resources
- Liaising with managers over requirements for completion of paperwork in accordance with the Policy and procedure
- Prepare for and accommodate quality assessment and monitoring visits i.e.
- Internal verification
- External verification
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and quickly adapt to changing priorities and manage a diverse remit
- Ability to manage and maintain L&D information systems
- Proven ability with all Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to be able to communicate by all means with all levels of stakeholder, whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to be able to manage your own workload and have self-motivation
- Time Management
- Prioritising Workloads
- Experience of working within an Learning and Development or HR department
- Experience working in a custodial environment
- Relevant Training / HR qualification
- Experience of working within an IiP framework
£18,000 per annum plus benefits including free parking, free meals on duty, pension and shopping discounts.
37.5 hours per week
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.