We currently have an opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join our team in the kitchen. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join one of the world’s leading food & facilities management companies, offering significant opportunities for career progression.
As a Kitchen Porter your responsibilities will be :
- To ensure that the Company's and statutory regulations regarding hygiene, safety, and cleanliness are complied with and all tasks undertaken according to Safeguard regulations.
- To clean allocated pieces of heavy catering equipment using instructions and cleaning materials.
- To dispose of waste materials from catering areas to designated collection points.
- To operate industrial dishwashers in all catering areas.
- To transport provisions, equipment and other catering related items as required.
- To maintain clean working environment at all times, with special regard to hygiene.
- To ensure that all food is prepared in the environment with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities
- To assist at any special functions, some of which may occur outside working hours
- To report any complaint or compliment and take action if at all possible.
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible.
- To attend meetings and courses, as required.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Previous experience working in a kitchen
- Exceptional customer service skills
- A flexible “can do” attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to multi-task within a fast paced environment
- Good understanding of customer care
Aberdeen Football Club has a rich and fascinating history: partnering with Sodexo they have an exceptional record of providing an award winning match-day program.With Sodexo there is no substitute for all round quality of service and meeting the needs of our customers.
Sodexo has a fantastic team in place that has created a positive culture based on their lively and passionate approach. They are proud of their product and service they offer to their clients.
We are looking for hard working and motivated individuals to join our team for the new 2019/2020 football season.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.