- To assist in all kitchen duties, food preparation, cleaning and customer service
- To accept, check, rotate and store all kitchen deliveries
- To clear all waste from kitchen area
- To undertake cleaning duties including pot washing and use of commercial dish washer
- To undertake all deliveries ensuring they are stored as per Company policies
- To undertake any additional task as directed by the Line Manager
- To undertake washing up and cleaning as required
- To assist in washing up and waste removal
- To serve customers in a quick, polite manner ensuring good customer service at all times
- To complete any administration as requested including food temperatures, wastage and cleaning schedules etc
- To ensure the kitchen is maintained in a clean, organised manner ensuring all food safety and health & safety policies and procedures are followed.
- To undertake training and comply with all Company policies and procedures
- To communicate to team and client staff in a polite, efficient manner
- To raise any issues to the Catering Manager in a timely manner.
- To listen and forward any customer suggestions or complaints to the Line Manager
- To undertake vending duties if required
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a food service environment
- Cleaning experience essential in a kitchen environment
- Plus basic food preparation would be an advantage
- Effective communicator to all levels
- Flexible to cover weekends if required
This role is for 30 hours per week working 5 over 7 days. Although predominantly working Monday to Friday.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.