We are currently seeking a Kitchen Assistant to work in the one of our Dublin sites.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
You will be working as part of a team but you will at times be expected to work independently and under your own initiative.
- Assist in the preparation, production, presentation and service of all meals, ensure they are served at the correct times, within the Company's standards and to the agreed specification of the contract.
- Ensure that the control of raw materials and portions are to the Company's standards and ensure all food is served at the correct temperatures.
- Assist the manager when required to plan menu’s, rota’s and orders.
- Receive and check in goods against invoice for quality and quality
- Ensure that all goods are quickly and correctly stored away on rotation system following the rule ‘first in, first out’ and comply with health & safety regulations
- Assist in the service of meals as required.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the food preparation and service areas at all times.
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service, which Sodexho provide.
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the Company’s and Client’s standards e.g. health & safety, food hygiene.
- Work as a team to promote harmonious working relationships within the Sodexho team
- Assist at any special ad-hoc functions, some of which may occur outside working hours.
- Report any customer complaints or compliments and take some remedial action if at all possible.
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such or advice as may be appropriate.
- Cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in food handling, cleaning and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene or HACCP.
- Further training, will be provided by the organisation.
- Customer Service – a strong commitment and track record in providing a high level of customer service in a busy environment.
- Communication – good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate positively to customers at all level.
- Flexibility – the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment.
Monday to Friday
37.5 hours per week
Training will be given
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 43,000 people and delivers On-Site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.