We currently have an opportunity for a Janitor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Undertake all required training in relation to all aspects of the cleaning service delivered to the client, as requested.
- Complete a schedule of cleaning tasks, as directed by the cleaning manager
- Wear the company uniform at all times whilst at work
- Wear any items of personal protective equipment, as specified by the cleaning manager
- Comply to all client policies / procedures in relation to housekeeping / infection control / security
- Ensure that all requirements in relation to COSHH are adhered to, as specified by the cleaning manager
- Ensure that the site/cleaning offer colour coding policy is adhered to at all times
- Ensure that all requirements of the specified cleaning offer, are carried out, as directed by the cleaning manager
- To report all faults in relation to cleaning machinery/equipment to the cleaning supervisor.
- To carry out any reasonable request, as specified by the cleaning supervisor / manager
- Comply with all Company and Client policies and procedures, statutory regulations relating to your work place, this will include but not limited to fire; health and safety; hygiene; working safely; CoSHH. Ensure the safety and security of company and client property
- Report any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or other irregularities to line manager, taking appropriate action where possible
- Actively support and promote the “One Team” ethos of working and supporting between departments.
The Ideal Candidate
• Flexible attitude to work individually and working as part of a team
• Able to represent Sodexo both internally and with clients
• Take part in out of hours duty roster/on call
To conduct a varied number of cleaning tasks, with specified areas, as directed by the cleaning supervisor / cleaning manager.
20 hours per week, 17:30 - 21:30
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 43,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.