IT 1st/2nd Line Support Consultant
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team at our offices in Salford, close by Media City and Salford Quays, where we offer free car parking facilities and multiple transport links.
As an IT Support Consultant, you will be responsible for the receipt of problems reported by customers, and the co-ordination of rapid and appropriate responses/resolution to incidents and requests, including: channeling requests for assistance to appropriate functions, monitoring progress, and keeping customers appraised of progress.
Service Operations is the part of our business that supports segment development by providing expertise and process standardisation across all segments. Service Operations leverages our global expertise and best practice to bring the best of Sodexo to all of our clients. It include everything from FM expertise to food development through to bid support, health and safety, and contract design and management.
- Follow agreed procedures, assist customers in a pleasant and professional manner
- Maintain accurate log entries of requests with fault details and contact information
- Providing advice to customers on systems, products and services which are available to them
- Assist the line manager in identifying personal training and development needs
- Gain a sound understanding of Sodexo specific PC applications and the impact of any failure/problems
- Provide mentoring/training to more junior members of the Support team as required
- Following agreed procedures, searching documentation, and previous requests for assistance on related topics to establish possible solutions to calls. Document any findings on the call log.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in an IT Support environment
- Ability to understand the needs of customers, and keep them in mind when taking actions or making decisions
- Articulate and effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Previous experience supporting Microsoft applications
- Organised and methodical
- Demonstrates initiative and anticipates needs
- ITIL Awareness
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week
You must be flexible to cover from 7am 7pm on a team rota
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.