IS&T Business Intelligence Specialist
We are currently recruiting for an experienced IS&T Business Intelligence Specialist to join our team based from our Salford or Leeds offices. This is a FTC role for 2 years working on part of a new workforce management project.
You will provide hands-on technical support/development to the UK & ROI Business Intelligence (BI) applications and infrastructure; including Data Services Platform (MSSQL and SSIS), Oracle Essbase, Oracle Business Intelligence and Power BI. You will also act as consultant on the varied BI technologies available and advise on the most suitable for performance, robustness and maintainability moving forwards into the future.
You will assist in the design, planning, and development aspects of project lifecycle and to establish and maintain BI technology environments, and contribute to defining BI operating framework and standards You will also collaborate with Global IS&T on all aspects of BI.
This is a fantastic opportunity for motivated, tenacious individuals eager to progress and develop their career within a global business. We can truly offer a supportive environment to grow and develop within your specialism.
- Provide hands-on technical support and development
- Resolution of system errors and support calls
- Facilitate ad-hoc data requests and report requests (run and fix)
- Management of small projects
- Daily system checks to ensure integrity
- Act as a development project resource when required providing consultancy, development and configuration skills
- Maintenance of Operational Procedures
- Providing evidence for compliance reporting and audits
- Assists in the gathering of Business requirements (functional and non-functional) through workshops and analysis
- Uses an understanding of performance to develop optimised new code and enhance existing code
- Takes initiative to ensure technical skills and specialisations are kept up to date in line with industry developments
- Uses experience to make informed decisions on selection and execution of all technical approaches across a wide field, either in a management or advisory capacity
The Ideal Candidate
- Educated to a minimum of degree level and / or professional qualifications in a relevant subject
- Excellent Technical Knowledge across the following areas (Items in bold are mandatory)
- Data services platform - Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and above: development and administration experience of large volume SQL Server databases, on premise and in cloud.
- BI Services platform: Power BI: Data integration, report and dashboard development, development and management of access restriction policies and workspaces
- Other Microsoft Office 365 apps and associated integrations
- Microsoft Azure and Cloud DW
- Good understanding of information and data security considerations/policies including GDPR
- Good understanding of development methodologies, including version control and configuration/release management.
- Good technical writing skills with ability to produce high quality technical specifications and other supporting documentation.
- Experience of the full project lifecycle, including design, testing and rollout/training.
- Good interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Prepared to travel to meet Business stakeholders
- ITIL Certified
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.