The IFM Coordinator role is part of the Integrated Facilities Management team providing administration & EHS support to the IFM team and contractors ensuring that our client and staff are provided with an attractive, safe, accessible and welcoming environment within our global manufacturing clients site.
In this role, you’ll promote a positive culture of health and safety and provide H&S solutions across all services lines (technical services; cleaning; catering; horticultural services) while ensuring compliance with all Sodexo UK&I Health & Safety, Risk, Business Continuity and Environmental Policy and Processes.
- Ensure legislative health and safety records are maintained and monitored. Refer any non-compliance or weakness in procedures to line manager
- Review and implement the policies and procedures for Health and Safety for contracts and liaise with operations teams to ensure that appropriate monitoring is in place so that all personnel understand and are adequately trained to carry out their individual responsibilities in relation to health and safety at work
- Ensure all required site-specific method statements and H&S documentation are in place prior to commencement of works and inspecting the works on completion to ensure all duties have been carried to the contractor’s contractual obligations
- Promote and develop a Safety Culture which secures effective implementation of policy, procedures and responsibilities throughout the Sodexo operational delivery
- Monitor the production and review of risk assessments that are in sufficient detail and proportionate to the risk
- Run reports on budgets and ensure all appropriate work is recharged promptly
- Manage the helpdesk calls, email and work order via MERP and a central tracker
- Provide competent advice in relation to health & safety issues across all service lines – cleaning; catering; technical services; front of house etc.
- Utilise data trends and experience to anticipate potential problems and implement solutions to prevent future issues
The Ideal Candidate
- A qualification of IOSH general certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or similar
- Experience of using software (SAP, Microsoft office etc) to manage work and resources
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, using oral, written and electronic media, so that complex technical information and analysis is clearly understood and/or acted upon by wide range of recipients
- Track record of success in a similar role in a multi services site and excellent operations/client relationship management
- Broad commercial experience and business acumen and knowledge of best practice
- Current knowledge of Health, Safety and Food Hygiene legislation
- Experience and practised skills in dealing with pharmaceutical clients and working in a GMP environment
- Ability to take ownership and be accountable for all aspects of the role, ensuring tasks delivery is within time-scales, high quality and excellent customer satisfaction
- Comprehensive experience of working to Service level agreements and key performance indicators. Ensuring team members comply with service obligations
- Diploma or equivalent qualification in an occupational health and safety or related subject plus experience Occupational Health & Safety role
- Thorough experience in managing Health and Safety risk, including but not limited to asbestos, legionella, confined spaces etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the principles and responsibilities imposed by law, codes of practice and other regulations appropriate to Health and Safety
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.