Woodbank House Hotel have an excellent opportunity for a housekeeping assistant to join our friendly team.
Woodbank is a private hotel for the use of Shell employees set in woodlands on North Deeside Road. There are 22 bedrooms, 7 conference facilities, a bar and dining room.
- To carry out all hygiene duties to the standards specified by your line Manager and the Service Level agreement / Cleaning Schedules
- To clean rooms, front of house areas, back of house areas and public areas to agreed standards
- Replenish consumables as required
- To present a tidy appearance and to abide by personal hygiene rules at all times
- To always attempt to improve on existing standards of work.
- To attend appropriate training sessions as and when required
- To be polite, friendly and helpful at all times.
- To visually and verbally recognize the client in a pleasant manner.
- To deal with client remarks / requests in line with company policy.
- To be able to communicate with personnel at all levels.
- To be prepared to help out in all areas as necessary.
- To be prepared at all times to assist your colleagues and move from one activity to another within your overall remit.
- To pro-actively look to recommend improvements to your work processes by providing suggestions and solutions
- To be responsive to the need to work extended hours and also both days at weekends when requested.
- To be friendly, pleasant and polite to your work colleagues
- To demonstrate a willing and positive manner and to lead by example at all times.
- To communicate effectively with all team members and participate in all contract activities.
- To report all accidents and near misses as soon as possible to your line manager.
- To work in a safe Manner in accordance with COSHH and Health & Safety Regulations.
- Actively take part in the STOP programme & other HSE initiatives.
- Support Line Manager with all Health, Safety & Environmental meetings
- To come to work regularly and to notify the management if for any reason you are unable to attend giving as much notice as possible (as per the Staff Handbook)
- To arrive punctually for every shift.
- To take breaks at agreed times
- Identification of opportunities for service improvement or development within the conference environment
- To ensure you meet Sodexo and Shell’s legal regulations on health and safety, food safety, hygiene and the environment.
- Embrace and grow a ‘zero accidents culture’ by ensuring the accurate reporting of near misses and accidents as well as reporting any equipment defects to your line manager in line with company procedure
- Ensure all company documents are completed with integrity and that due diligence is practiced at all time.
- Continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position
- Attend weekly team meetings to maintain levels of communication across the team
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- A positive working relationship with the client is evident
- Maintain levels of quality, cleanliness, food safety and hygiene in line with company SEMS, Safeguard and local authority regulations i.e. EHO, HSE
- Any other reasonable request as directed by the management
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally and can demonstrate experience of working with previous customers or clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure managing multiple workloads
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hotel operations
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated with a sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role - must be available to work different shifts including evenings and weekends if required by the business
- Previous experience in a similar role within a hotel environment
Full Time 37.5 hours per week.
Rate of pay £8.75 per hour.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.