Housekeeper - AstraZeneca
We currently have an opportunity for a Housekeeper to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To ensure that Company and statutory regulations, regarding hygiene, safety of staff, food and equipment are complied within all tasks undertaken.
- To ensure that personal and working hygiene and safety standards are not less than Company & Statutory Regulations.
- To ensure the security of stores, cupboards and any other area under your control and to prevent the abuse and/or destruction of Company property.
- To assist in maintaining correct procedures for all deliveries, stores and store rooms.
- To report any customers complaints and compliments to a member of the management team.
- To report any incident of accident, fire, loss, theft, damage, unfit food or other irregularities to a member of the management team.
- To attend all staff meetings and training courses as requested.
- To conform to the required dress code for your area, and to ensure the uniform provided is always clean, presentable and free from tears and stains.
- The washing of all pots in the pot wash areas and operation of the dish washing machine, in accordance to directions.
- To ensure all food waste is disposed of in correct manner in accordance with hygiene and environmental procedures.
- To ensure that all wastage is recorded and agreed by the Catering manager or his delegated person of authority before being disposed of.
- To ensure all catering waste disposal areas are left clear and hygienic at all times.
- To adhere to and carry out all cleaning as laid down in cleaning schedule.
- To be fully conversant with and adhere to all Sodexo and UK legislation with regard to: (a) Hygiene regulations. (b) Health and Safety at Work Act. (c) Fire precautions and fire regulations. (d) COSHH regulations.
- Ensure that all stock items are monitored and rotated and proper requisitions and stock transfer procedures are carried out.
- To ensure all PPE is worn as per training and company procedures whenever appropriate
- To liaise and assist in other areas as dictated by business needs.
- To assist with basic food preparations as directed by the duty chef.
- To attend to any reasonable requests by the management.
- To relieve in this and other Establishments, from time to time, during holidays, sickness etc.
- The description is not intended to be exhaustive of all responsibilities but to give a brief outline of the duties expected
The Ideal Candidate
Experience in a similar role
The ability to communicate with and work well with the immediate team
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.