- Full working knowledge of the areas in the building which are covered by the services run by Sodexo
- Ensure that cleaning standards are carried out as requested
- Ensure that the safety signage is used appropriate at all times, e.g. wet floor signs and “warn” customers where possible.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified
- Control cleaning material stores to an acceptable level, ensuring rotation and safety in storage.
- Complete the necessary company documentation within the Sodexo framework as required.
- Be aware of the condition of the equipment and report any defects to the line manager.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all chemicals in use and training in COSHH Regulations.
- Comply with all Sodex Company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulations.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place.
- Deal with lost property, ensuring correct procedures are followed
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the Company and clients standards. Maintenance of all training records on site
- Complete rreports as required
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service, which Sodexo provide.
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate. Manage all accidents and incident reports in line with Sodexo and client policy
- Cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness when requested by the Line Manager
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management.
- Be able to work as part of a cleaning team
- Promote Health & Safety
- Vacuum, mop, buff, dust and polish all areas within the site
- Collect and remove rubbish and waste material to identified collection points
- Remain security conscious
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to workon his/her own
- Flexible, reliable and honest
- Ability to prioritise work
- Well orgainised and tidy
- Understand safe working practices
Excellent communications skills
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process