We currently have an opportunity for a General Assistant to join our catering team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Assisting with the preparation of and the serving of all meals and beverages to customers, ensuring great customer service at all times
- Using the EPOS till, serve customers and cash up at the end of service
- Check stock levels and replenish when necessary
- Ensure good knowledge of products on sale and on special offer
- Ensure the café/restaurant is presented to a high standard throughout the day and carry out a thorough cleaning at the end of the day
- Ensuring that the kitchen and service areas are clean and tidy, assisting with waste removal and washing up
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are followed
- Completing any administration as requested including food temperatures, wastage and cleaning schedules
- Assisting in the effective management of stock and portion control
- To raise any issues or customer suggestions and complaints to the Catering Manager
- Assist with the ordering and deliveries as required
- Preparation of all hospitality requirements ensuring all items are available, carry out a service check for each hospitality request
- Keep a record of all hospitality delivered and ensure it is all collected at the stated time
- Ensure hospitality rooms are left tidy
- All used crockery and service ware should be brought back to the kitchen and left in an orderly manner at the wash up.
- Promote good team work and work in a friendly, efficient manner. Actively take part in the sites ‘One team’ ethos
- Comply with all Company and Client policies and procedures, statutory regulations relating to your work place, this will include but not limited to fire; health and safety; hygiene; working safely; CoSHH
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Previous hospitality experience
Good customer service skills
Good communication skills - written and verbal
The ability to demonstrate great team work
The ability to follow instructions
Work well within a team environment as well as on their own
- Basic knowledge of food hygiene and Health & Safety
As a Hospitality Assistant you will be responsible for:
Assisting with the preparation of and the serving of all meals and beverages to customers at the hospitality area.
Ensure the presentation and agreed standard of hospitality is always per specification and at its highest
To provide an efficient and friendly service to customers/clients
Ensuring that the kitchen and service areas are clean and tidy
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.