Hospitality and Guest/Hotel Services Manager (MOD site)
As Hospitality and Guest Services Manager, you'll have responsibility for the overall management, co-ordination and control of all contract activity across 13 hospitality sites in 3 separate locations within the Garrison including commercial performance, organic growth, people management and legislative, company and contract compliance across their designated area, ensuring that your team of Managers are delivering services which are compliant and financially viable, but equally as important that your team are engaged, motivated and getting the most from their roles.
An excellent opportunity for an enjoyable and satisfying role with work life balance - unusual within Hospitality, delivering quality of life services.
With proven hospitality management experience, you'll be as passionate about food innovation as you are with customer service standards, and someone who understands and demonstrates a keen interest in market trends..
Our functions range from Family Fun Days and BBQ's, to fine dining/high end Dinners
Colchester PFI is one of the most ambitious PFI projects undertaken, Merville Barracks is the home of the 16 Air Assault Brigade with 3500 military personnel on site. We are the showcase and benchmark for Sodexo global defence, helping to lead on strategy and vision for the future.
We are a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, running services at major UK and overseas military bases which improve quality of life for our military personnel. The impact of change and uncertainty as consolidation occurs throughout the armed forces, set against a backdrop of today’s rapidly changing world, makes the preservation of high standards even more important than ever. We are dedicated to delivering the best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of infrastructure, facilities management, catering, retail and leisure services to the armed forces community
- You'll be managing Mess Managers who supervise the day to day activities in our Messes at one of our high profile defence contracts. Managing and prioritising functions including planning, menus and costing in conjunction with the catering team - ensuring standards of service are achieved, maintained and developed.
- Responsible for the overall management, co-ordination and control of all contract activity across 13 messes in 3 separate locations, including commercial performance, organic growth, people management and legislative, company and contract compliance across their designated area, ensuring that your team of Mess Managers are delivering services that are compliant and financially viable
- Plan, organise and manage delivery of all services within all the operational business area
- Ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement, KPIs and contract are achieved, maintained and developed for assigned operational business area
- Contribute to the growth of all services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control within operational business area in line with client and Sodexo expectations
- Embrace the principles of Collaborative Business Relationships (BS11000), in line with Sodexo’s vision and values
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of an assigned group of direct reports
- Build long term profitable relationships and develop new business opportunities by delivering operational excellence
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge and experience of working in a management role within the soft FM service industry, catering, hospitality, leisure
- Proven experience of managing complex, long-term, successful, client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing, motivating and developing a complex team across multiple sites
- Leadership skills and knowledge
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing employee performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Able to understand complex contracts and to facilitate the full requirements whilst able to develop enhancements to the contracted business
- Proven ability to develop new business opportunities
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Able to analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Computer literate
- Demonstrable working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Experience of working within military environment
- Previous experience in effectively managing in a similar contract service provider role
- Health and Safety qualification equivalent to IOSH managing safely
- Food safety qualification equivalent to CIEH level 3
Competitive salary of £35,000-£38,000 plus benefits including pension, bonus, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare etc
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.