Hospitality & Cetering supervisor
To supervise the business (Hospitality, Restaurant & Café’s) under your control. Ensuring all company policy client specification and legislation is adhered to. To assist the Manager with day to day running of the unit and ensure that the standards of service and food are the Company and Client standards.
- To ensure that all the duties and tasks under your control are covered by the staff available.
- To ensure that the preparation, presentation and service are carried out to comply with company standards.
- To provide high personal standards of performance, hygiene and appearance.
- To communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant and polite personality.
- To ensure that all products are well presented and served in a clean, hygienic environment.
- To provide an efficient, caring and friendly service to customers in all areas of the catering department and deal with customers requests promptly.
- To ensure that the counter presentation and service is to the Company standard.
- To ensure that all areas under your control are left clean and tidy at the end of each service.
- To ensure always that company and statutory regulations of hygiene and safety are adhered to by all members of staff under your control.
- To ensure always that company and statutory regulations in relation to chemical safety are adhered to by all members of staff under your control
- To ensure that all staff executes their tasks correctly, give necessary training and report any matters which you cannot resolve to Management.
- To attend to any reasonable requests by Management.
- To assist with stocktaking.
- To report any customer complaints or compliments and act if necessary.
- To report any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and act if necessary.
- To attend meetings and training courses as may be necessary from time to time.
- Assist in holding weekly team meetings.
- To operate the till when service is open.
- To cash up.
- To manage the function diary ensuring that all parties & functions are organised.
- To train & supervise new colleagues by showing them tasks and how things are done.
- Computer literate
- Mandatory training of staff using GREAT training file and monitored by competency checks as per company policy
- H&S – Safegard audit – achieving GREEN, SMS kept up to date for his areas
- To take ownership & be responsible for all aspects of the meeting & hospitality service & operations on the 7th floor, or any other area of the building where hospitality is provided.
- To ensure that every detail of the client, visitor or host’s hospitality experience is delivered to the very highest standard with consideration for the aesthetics of the building, comfort of the meeting rooms, and the provision of the best level of food & service.
- Be forthcoming with ideas & innovations for change where it is possible to improve the hospitality services & presentation of the meeting rooms.
- To ensure that the floor booking system is managed to the very optimum, ensuring speedy responses to meeting & hospitality requests and opening communication with organisers & hosts so that there is full understanding from all parties in relation to each booking regarding room set up & hospitality requirements.
- It is a key requirement that appropriate hospitality & food suggestions are put forward to hosts & organisers for various hospitality events using the Sodexo food offer listing as well as bringing further ideas & suggestions forward where necessary.
- To ensure a clear line of communication is set up with the Sodexo team so that they are very clear in relation to the requirements of each booking.
- The supervisor will take ultimate responsibility in relation to the delivery of each meeting & hospitality booking or event and will therefore ensure that all staff are fully briefed, they are extremely well presented, fully focussed and engaged with our objective to provide the very best service
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in banqueting, fine dining & reception operations is essential.
- An ability to work under pressure and think fast is a must.
Hospitality & Catering Supervisor
Monday to Friday
37.5 hours per week
Training will be given
Applications to: lorcan.Fagan@sodexo.com
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process