High Risk Supervisor (Catering Production)
Sodexo at Tillery Valley Foods are currently recruiting a High Risk Supervisor to co-ordinate and manage the day to day operation of High Risk at our Production site in Abertillery, Gwent.
Supervising a small team you will be responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to, encouraging progression of systems and processes through the development and coaching of production operatives.
Part of Sodexo, a global facilities business, Tillery Valley Foods Limited, is the UKâs leading producer of chilled and frozen prepared meals to the UK healthcare sector covering the complete menu requirement in hospitals, care homes and home services. We also work with clients in the education, local authority and food service markets.
- Strive to achieve plan attainment whilst complying with quality and technical standards
- Drive continuous improvements
- Ensure all company food safety policies are adhered to
- Accountability for the materials once they have reached high risk
- Ensure the working environment is safe at all times
- Accurate and timely completion of documentation
- Ensure compliance of clean as you go/good housekeeping standards
- Identify and inform team leader/supervisor/manager of product and process issues
- Provide cover in other areas in times of sickness and holidays when requested by the shift manager/supervisor.
The Ideal Candidate
- Product and quality focused
- Proven people management skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- Motivated and improvement driven
- Logical approach to problem solving
- CIEH Level 3 Food Safety qualification
- IOSH Managing Safety qualification
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Tillery Valley Foods employs some 400 employees to deliver chilled and frozen prepared meals to hospitals, care homes and local authority premises. Established 31 years ago, the company feeds 1,500,000 vulnerable people every week, at more than 200 sites from itâs own production site based in Wales.
Tillery Valley is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sodexo UK Ltd; which in turn is part of one of the largest integrated facilities management companies in the world. It provides services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors within the UK.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.