High Level Cleaning Operative
A vacancy have arisen within the cleaning Department at Ardagh group. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Ensure all areas on the high level cleaning schedule are completed efficiently and in a timely manner to the required standards.
- Use specialist equipment to achieve the required cleaning standard.
- Operate mobile elevated work platforms.
- Climb fixed ladders to reach high level platforms.
- Use high level access equipment where necessary i.e. step ladders etc
- Use cleaning chemicals safely as detailed by the Control of Substances Hazardous to health guidelines (COSHH).
- Ensure that the safety signage is used appropriately at all times.
- Ensure that cleaning stores are kept clean, tidy and stocked ensuring equipment is stored correctly and safely at all times.
- Comply with all security regulations for cleaning materials, equipment and buildings as laid down by client and Sodexo.
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is kept clean & maintained in safe working order.
- Comply with all Company & client policies and statutory regulations including Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place.
- Supervision of cleaning team operatives.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Previous cleaning experience
- Previous experience working at height
- International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) Licence
- Experience of using access equipment i.e. Mobile Elevated Work Platform, step ladders etc
- Experience working to a cleaning schedule.
- A relevant qualification, including NVQ’s BICS’c or COPCS or COSHH.
- Experience of working within a team.
- A ‘Can do’ attitude.
- A high level of enthusiasm and ability to work as an integral part of the team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of working within a similar environment / industry.
High Level Cleaning (Factory) & cleaning supervisor role
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 43,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.