HMP Peterborough are currently recruiting for 8 Healthcare Assistant.
As a Healthcare Assistant you will work with other members of the Healthcare Team as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing primary healthcare to the residents.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
- Help to run nurse clinics, GP surgeries and nurse triage clinics under supervision
- Assist with Health Promotion work as led by qualified staff
- Assist with nursing care for residents admitted to the inpatient healthcare unit under the supervision of the qualified staff. This to include recording of observations
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene in the clinical rooms and treatment areas.
- Helping residents make the best use if services available
- Assisting qualified staff with the dispensing of medication when required
- Providing first aid in emergency situations whilst awaiting the support of qualified staff
- Fulfilling other duties as required by the larger Healthcare Team
The Ideal Candidate
- Desire to undertake further training as appropriate
- Motivated and innovative
- Treat other people with dignity and to subscribe to the prison Sodexo Justice Services values
- Commitment to team working and support.
- Committed to personal development
- Experience of working as a Health Care Assistant
- Experience of working within a secure environment.
- Ability to utilise information technology sources effectively.
- Good planning and organisational skills
37.5 hours over 5 days. Some weekend work will be required.
Benefits including 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays),pension, discounted health cover, subsidised gym membership, childcare voucher scheme, free meals on duty and free on-site parking
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.