HMP Forest Bank are currently recruiting for a Healthcare Administrator to provide general administration support across a number of areas within the health care department.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Maintain all appropriate records and documentation.
- Manage the team based self-rostering regarding nurses hours and annual leave
- Responsible for all administrative duties as required by the Manager, ensuring the function is run efficiently and cost effectively when performing work as required and planned.
- Work closely and co-operate with colleagues as information sharing is a necessity to ensure correct and precise data is passed on to relevant departments so that time lines are met
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Abide by the corporate strategic directions, Contract Delivery Indicators, MOJ/NOMS service specifications and all appropriate Regulations and Health and Safety Policies.
- Book external and internal appointments for patients
- Provide reports and a detailed analysis of the key performance targets. (OBM and DNA reports for meds management) this meeting is where all representative of healthcare meet once a month to discuss any medication issues and also receive feedback from the GPS, Pharmacist, Optician, Social care, Dentist and also the Podiatrist regarding anything clinical.
- Manage the referral process of patients out to hospital and liaise with NHS professionals when required, such as rebooking of appointments and dealing with appointment letters
- Keep non-attendance of appointments rates down to fewer than 10% responding to post correspondence letters and complaints
- Minute taking for the meds management meeting and also clinical governance meeting when other colleague is on annual leave.
- Management information provided accurately and within specified deadlines in order to meet KPTs
- Ensuring waiting times are kept to their national standards, each clinic will be different.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working in a similar environment or role
- Able to operate relevant IT applications especially excel
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to manage competing work priorities
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A Healthcare background
- Knowledge of rota management and detailing
- System one experience and user trained
Salary £18,026.06 per annum plus 20 days holiday, free meals on duty, gym access, pension and shopping discounts.
37.5 hours per week
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC