Health and Safety Manager
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Health & Safety Manager to ensure the effective delivery and development of Sodexo policies and procedures for a high profile corporate manufacturing/pharmaceutical contract situated in Kinsale and Cork (Kinsale based)
This role is responsible for managing the health & safety of multiple FM services on site, including soft services (catering/cleaning) and technical services (electrical/mechanical engineering). You will ensure outstanding service delivery at all times and meet all Sodexo targets whilst maintaining high standards of compliance.
If you have proven experience in Health & Safety, are organised and have a great attention to detail, this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
- Promote and develop a Safety Culture which secures effective implementation of policy, procedures and responsibilities throughout the Sodexo operational delivery
- Ensuring compliance with all Sodexo UK&I Health & Safety, Risk, Business Continuity and Environmental Policy and Processes for the site needs on the Contract
- Monitoring and providing support, advice and expertise to operational teams with respect to Occupational Health and Safety issues including statistics and suitable control measures
- Ensure that accidents and near misses are reported in a timely manner, assisting in investigations as required
- Provide competent advice in relation to health & safety issues across all service lines cleaning; catering; technical services, sub-contractors etc.
- Develop relevant training plans to the ensure employees are competent to deliver services from a health & safety perspective
- Embedding and supporting the maintenance of quality systems to retain certification to ISO9001; ISO14001 and OHSAS18001
- Maintaining effective relationship and service delivery with all management and employees
The Ideal Candidate
- Track record of success in a similar role in a multi service business
- Broad commercial experience and business acumen and knowledge of best practice
- Experience of delivering facilities management and key compliance areas.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent operations/client relationship management
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
- Health and Safety Qualification - IOSH / NEBOSH / Food Hygiene (min diploma to Grad IOSH)
- Current knowledge of Health, Safety and Food Hygiene legislation
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,300 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.