Health, Safety and Environment Manager
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Health, Safety & Environmental Manager to ensure the effective implementation and embedding of Sodexo policies and procedures throughout the Schools and Universities business in Ireland and Scotland.
In this role, you will support sites with accident investigations and learning’s, developing local initiatives as required, ensuring consistency in line with current legislation.
This role is home based in Ireland, with some travel required to Scotland.
- Implement & embed Health & Safety Policy and Procedures to ensure the organisation complies with legislative requirements and best practice
- Promote and develop a Safety Culture which secures effective implementation of policy, procedures and responsibilities throughout the Sodexo operational delivery
- Provide a high level of operational service support to Unit/Site management and operational staff, whilst identifying and facilitating the resolution of all specific issues to provide a high level of support and add value to operations.
- Ensure that accidents and near misses are reported in a timely manner, assisting in investigations as required
- Provide competent advice in relation to health & safety issues across all service lines – cleaning; catering; technical services; front of house etc.
- Work closely with the Corporate Services UK&I, Health, Safety & Risk Team to ensure that segment initiatives are implemented and supported
- Request involvement of the Corporate Services UK&I, Health, Safety & Risk Team for high risk issues
- Liaise with Subject Matter Experts from the Centre of Excellence Team on health & safety matters around service delivery
- Develop relevant training plans to the ensure employees are competent to deliver services from a health & safety perspective
- Assist with the management of site Action plans following Red / Amber audits and reportable accidents / incidents
- Assist with due diligence activities on new sites as requested.
The Ideal Candidate
- National H&S qualification (NVQ Level 4 or equivalent)
- Proven experience in Health and Safety
- Good knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation
- Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships at all levels
- Strong communication skills
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.