Health & Safety Lead Advisor
Health and Safety Lead Advisor – Salary competitive
Sodexo are currently recruiting for a number of brand new opportunities due to growth in our Corporate Services segment. Sodexo is the 19th largest employer worldwide, operating in 80 countries and employing 427,000 employees worldwide, we are the leader in Quality of Life services. Sodexo is not only a growth company; it is also a people-oriented company that places quality of life of its 100 million consumers at the center of its mission. Join our teams and experience their passion and the unique Sodexo spirit!
Are you looking for an opportunity that will enable you to utilise your skill set to the max?
Sodexo is looking for a Health and Safety Lead Advisor to be responsible for managing HSE the of multiple FM services at site level, ensuring outstanding service delivery at all times and hopefully exceeding all Sodexo targets whilst maintaining compliance. This role will suit a QHSE Advisor however this type of experience is desirable not essential.
Main responsibilities include:
• Ensuring compliance with all Sodexo UK&I Health & Safety, Risk, Business Continuity and Environmental Policy and Processes for the site needs on the Lilly Contract
• Providing H&S solutions across all services lines (technical services; cleaning; catering; horticultural services and other sub-contracted services )
• Ownership and accountability with on site teams
• Monitoring and providing support, advice and expertise to operational teams with respect to Occupational Health and Safety issues including statistics and suitable control measures
• Embedding and supporting the maintenance of quality systems to retain certification to ISO9001; ISO14001 and OHSAS18001
• Maintaining effective relationship and service delivery with all management and employees
• Front line training for existing and new services as required.
• ITP tracking
• Accident / Incident investigations
• Governance and monthly reporting
The Ideal Candidate
• Track record of success in a similar role in a multi site business
• Good experience Occupational Health & Safety in a senior
• Broad commercial experience and business acumen and knowledge of best practice
• Experience of delivering facilities management and ‘hard services’ key compliance areas.
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent operations/client relationship management
• Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
• Health and Safety Qualification - IOSH / NEBOSH / Food Hygiene (min diploma to Grad IOSH)
• Current knowledge of Health, Safety and Food Hygiene legislation
• Experience of providing a tailored mobilisation programme for new contracts.
Facilities/Engineering degree/Technical background
Experience in pharmaceutical or FMCG industry sectors
NEBOSH (or equivalent) – National General Certificate and/or Diploma
BIFM Qualifications – Part 2, or relevant professional development
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process