Health Care Assistant - Primary Care
HMP Bronzefield are currently recruiting for a Healthcare Assistant.
The purpose of the role is to assist the clinical team in the service and delivery of the care management of Bronzefield population. The post holder works under indirect supervision of the clinical team and undertakes task and duties delegated by the clinical team or a suitably qualified regulated professional. They will work
collaboratively with the healthcare team and operational staff to meet the needs of patients, following policies and procedures. As a healthcare assistant, you will be required to be passionate and committed to delivering high quality healthcare services that can make a difference
Awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People, HMP YOI Bronzefield focuses on providing needs-based services and programmes aimed at rehabilitating and maintaining the well-being of prisoners.
HMP YOI Bronzefield is an all female prison that can hold up to 527 women.
Sodexo Justice Services delivers custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within England, Scotland and Wales and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
- Helping to run nurse clinics, GP surgeries and nurse triage clinics under supervision
- Assist with Health Promotion work as led by qualified staff
- Assist with nursing care for residents admitted to the inpatient healthcare unit under the supervision of the qualified staff. This to include recording of observations
- Maintaining a high standard of hygiene in the clinical rooms and treatment areas.
- Helping residents make the best use if services available
- Assisting qualified staff with the dispensing of medication when required
- Providing first aid in emergency situations whilst awaiting the support of qualified staff
The Ideal Candidate
- Desire to undertake further training as appropriate
- Motivated and innovative
- Treat other people with dignity and to subscribe to the prison Sodexo Justice Services values
- Commitment to team working and support.
- Committed to personal development
- Experience of working as a Health Care Assistant
- Experience of working within a secure environment.
- Ability to utilise information technology sources effectively.
- Good planning and organisational skills
£21297.23 + London Weighting of £287.75
Monday - Sunday shift patterns
About the Company
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 36,000 people and delivers On-site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions. Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) and/or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).