Head of UK Scientific Services
Are you a senior scientist with experience of leading teams and working within large corporate organisations? If so then this could be the next opportunity for you.
As the UK Head of Scientific Services you will oversee the scientific services portfolio within the UK and support global growth.
This role is based working for one of our high profile Global Pharmaceutical contracts. If successful, you will need to exercise significant influence over multiple client stakeholders in order to provide the opportunities for growth of scientific services within this exciting working and changing environment.
- Oversee the delivery of scientific services in the UK while maintaining the
- highest quality standards.
- Services include: Technical Lab Services, In laboratory support activities, Pilot plant support, Media and
- Reagent Preparation, Technical Stewarding, Glass ware cleaning, gas services, managing chemical
- inventories and stockrooms.
- Responsible for developing a working knowledge and understanding of the (sciences) as they relate to the
- services offered.
- Support the growth programme of Scientific services.
- Provides program management activities and manages project information for assigned projects and is
- responsible for developing programs.
- Supervises and manages multiple continuous improvement assignments.
- Participates and leads internal development projects.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership; including oversight of technical training programmes
- Participates in planning and development initiatives.
- Works on broader organisational issues in order to recommend ways that the organisation can improve.
- Apply Operational Excellence tools to solve problems.
- Responsible for driving efficiency through improved processes and operational changes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have a Scientific degree/further education qualified
- Considerable technical experience in scientific service delivery and/or design.
- Considerable management and/or leadership experience
- Knowledge of a range of scientific services – Lab Services, D&L, LIS, TLS etc
- Member of professional body (desirable not essential)
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities and resources.
- Strong stakeholder management – this post requires significant influence
- Experience of procurement/contract negotiation (desirable not essential)
- Adaptable and able to work with diverse teams
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process