Head of Retail
We are looking for a talented and outstanding retail professional to develop and deliver our retail strategy and lead the operation of our Ascot site. You will need to demonstrate a successful commercial track record of achieving significant levels of profit contribution. Identifying new innovative sales, marketing and profit opportunities, developing our people and delivering industry leading customer service are a pre-requisite for the role. You will positively challenge the offer in order to grow our people and the business.
Globally recognised for our hospitality excellence, Sodexo help create and deliver exceptional customer experiences at world renowned sporting events such as Royal Ascot, The Tour de France, The Commonwealth Games, The Olympics, The Open, RHS Chelsea Flower Show and Rugby World Cup.
Ascot Racecourse is synonymous with quality, excellence and a memorable customer experience, few sporting venues in the world can match the history or prestige of Ascot. A unique and rare opportunity has arisen for an exceptional individual to play a pivotal role in the development of our retail operation at Ascot within our highly successful Sports & Leisure segment.
This is a site based role, where you will lead the strategy for the various retail offerings across the racecourse. You will identify organic growth opportunities whilst working closely with our client to design and deliver a world-class portfolio of retail offers which reflect our target market within the racecourse.
Developing and implementing a retail strategy for Ascot racecourse, you will take overall responsibility for ensuring that the Sodexoretail operation exceeds minimum budgetary targets. You will be confident at both presenting our offers to our client and ensuring they are innovative, industry-leading and deliverable.
The scope of the retail operation is wide and unpredictable, especially during Royal Ascot, so you must be familiar with designing retail offers of an exceptional standard across multiple sites and experienced at seeing these offers turn from concept to a commercially viable reality.
The Ideal Candidate
- A commercial operator with responsibility for multiple million pound profit and loss accounts and budgets
- A leader of teams with a strong retail background
- Experience of delivering significant food and beverage operations
- Ability to work with the culinary team to develop innovative and exciting world class Retail food and beverage offers.
- Development and implementation of retail SOPs
- Good awareness of marketing tools and current industry initiatives to drive additional retail revenues
- Retail expertise, operational skills, customer service and operational standards
- Experience of client liaison at a senior level
- Outstanding communication skills
- Resilience to manage multiple tasks and prioritisation often within a pressurized environment
- Ability to interpret and utilise financial and commercial information
circa 55,000 + 15% Bonus + Flexible Benefits Scheme