Head of Reducing Reoffending and Compliance - advertised on behalf of South Yorkshire CRC
South Yorkshire CRC are currently recruiting for a Head of Reducing Reoffending and Compliance to be based in Sheffield.
You will lead the operational delivery in line with the contractual requirements and lead the integration of Through the Gate services, Post Release and Community Order management. You will role model effective leadership & management and champion a culture which values performance and quality and the needs of our services users/customers/key partners.
- Support the Senior Leadership Team and ensure the delivery of the objectives of the annual business and equality plans at a local level.
- Lead on the delivery of operational performance and contractual requirements.
- Ensure that SYCRC is successful in reducing both binary and frequency reoffending rates.
- Develop and maintain effective intervention delivery and ensure the Rate Card is financially viable and fit for purpose.
- Ensure a comprehensive range of services across in house and supply chain to deliver the sentence of the court within a resource allocation framework.
- Ensure financial probity of the CRC.
- Recruit, appoint, develop and deploy staff as appropriate, including direct line management of Team Managers.
- Develop and maintain operational partnerships.
- Seek and develop opportunities for leading locality based partnerships to reduce reoffending.
- Identify opportunities for business development and deliver effective bid applications.
- Provide information to support decision making.
- Manage continuous quality improvement and monitor compliance with quality systems.
- Compliance with Information Security Policies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of the Criminal Justice or Community Safety sectors.
- Leadership and management experience in a similar service related role.
- Proven ability of delivering service level metrics and contractual requirements.
- Understanding of public protection.
- Resource management including ability to achieve efficiencies.
- Ability to develop productive relationships with internal and external service providers and partners.
- Effective communicator and presenter.
- Understanding of policy and legal contexts to make decision in complex situations.
- Motivated and resilient.
- Management qualification
Starting salary band 6 - 39,427
37 hours per week, 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme
There is a requirement to travel across South Yorkshire, the North region and attend national meetings.
Interviews will take place the week commencing 23rd July 2018
About the Company
The role of South Yorkshire CRC is to rehabilitate offenders, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with offenders both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk offenders and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with - offenders, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the counties from the 4 major towns: Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster. South Yorkshire CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion