Head of Cleaning Services
Sodexo are currently recruiting for a number of brand new opportunities due to growth in our Corporate Services segment. Sodexo is the 19th largest employer worldwide, operating in 80 countries and employing 427,000 employees worldwide, we are the leader in Quality of Life services. Sodexo is not only a growth company; it is also a people-oriented company that places quality of life of its 100 million consumers at the center of its mission. Join our teams and experience their passion and the unique Sodexo spirit!
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity then this may be of interest. We are recruiting several roles for a new iconic campus in Cambridge. A billion dollar research and development hub in the heart of Cambridge is due to open in 2019 for our client in the Pharmaceutical sector.
Sodexo are building a brand new team to support the solution design and operational readiness in preparation of the new Campus for 2019. These opportunities will lead the team and will potentially lead the teams to work in the new full time structure once the Campus is up and running. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work on an exciting new iconic project in Cambridge.
Sodexo are recruiting for a Head of Cleaning Services to be accountable for all soft services work for the New Cambridge Site(s) and working closely with our client and supply partners to trial, pilot and refine the base service designs through pilots, trials and workshops.
Soft Services includes: General cleaning, lab cleaning, window cleaning, internal waste, pest control, grounds maintenance but excludes customer services and catering.
Ideally the Head of Cleaning Services will have experience of Cleaning within a Pharmaceutical environment or a similar environment such as Healthcare/Hospitals or Manufacturing. It is essential that you have had experience as a Cleaning Manager previously.
In close conjunction with Sodexo’s corporate policies, current brand proposition, the NCS Solution Director, other internal key stakeholders and the client’s Head of FM Services, Head of Scientific FM services, FM partner, client policies, key stakeholders and Good Lab Practice (GLP):
To design, in detail, the Soft Services portfolio of services. These will include:
- Lab cleaning
- Technical area cleaning
- General cleaning
- Internal waste
- Grounds (via supply chain)
- To develop the commercial elements of the offer
- To oversee the consolidation and or production of all required FMOR outputs.
- Overseeing any pilots and trials we wish to run as part of the service design validation process (e.g. new technologies or ways of working)
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly organised with acute attention to detail
- Steeped in the services and industry
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- High EQ with great people skills that can allow them to thrive in a creative, fast paced and soft culture
- Logical, with practical problem solving abilities
- Immaculate presenting skills (i.e. presenting to audiences and quality of documents)
- Agile and flexible team player
- Creative and innovative
- Tech savvy
- Clearly demonstrable track record and expertise within this service portfolio (essential)
- Ideally someone who has held operational / business development positions specifically relating to this service area
- Experience of designing for, or running, cleaning services within scientific and GLP environments
- Project Management acumen and skills
Not essential but will be seen as differentiators:
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of contemporary / cutting-edge software technology relevant to the FM market, but in particular, these services
- Experience of service and org design
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Knowledge of process mapping and architecture
- Relevant industry qualifications/ accreditations
- Experience working in blue chip environments and with senior stakeholders
Skills that are demonstrable via experience and or qualification is welcome
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process