To maintainthe dining service, meeting MOD and company requirements to the highest standards. To supervise and motivate staff and monitor standards attained within the unit.
- Weekly allocation of work schedules to ensure efficiency is maximised and all tasks are completed.
- Daily monitoring of the team and their output to ensure that all tasks have been completed to a high standard.
- Train new staff in on job training and use of chemicals training.
- Ensure that all staff are competent in the execution of their tasks.
- To develop the dining room staff and actively encourage ideas for improvement from the team to promote a first class service.
- Roster staff and maintain general discipline, reporting any staffing problems to your line manager.
- To ensure that high standards of personal hygiene and presentation are maintained by the dining room staff at all times.
- To ensure the dining room service meets the requirements of the client as directed by the Mess Manager (style of service, meal timings etc).
- To assist the Mess Manager in function planning in areas of responsibility eg equipment preparation, staffing and disposable orders
- To ensure the correct use, storage, and control of machinery, equipment, cleaning materials and chemicals, ensuring that your team follows safe methods of work at all times.
- Communicate chemical, equipment and cleaning material requirements to your line manager as necessary.
- Immediate reporting of any defects to your line manager.
- Ensure that tables are laid and that clearance is effective ensuring that the dining environment is clean and free from debris and dirty crockery at all times.
- Control serveries; still areas, preparation of beverages and provision of bread rolls and accompaniments during service.
- To ensure that crockery, cutlery, EPNS and Silver is checked for cleanliness before use.
- To be on duty during meal times to promote a smooth service and good customer relations
- Compliance by you and your team with the Health and Safety Act, Food Safety Act and COSHH regulations
- Maintenance of the company Quality Control Procedures.
- To develop your own skills within the scope of this position.
About the Company
Sodexo andour clients are committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.